1/2 kg cleaned dry prawns
1 Big onion, finely chopped
2 green chillies, cut lengthwise
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder
1 tbsp roasted coriander seeds powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1 1/2 tbsp tamarind juice
Salt to taste
Few curry leaves
2 tbsp oilInstructions:
1. Wash and clean the dry prawns. Strain the water.
2. Fry the prawns without oil in a pan for few minutes till it becomes golden brown.
3. Add the above ingredients to the fried prawns, mix well and keep aside for 10 mins.
4. Heat oil in a pan or a kadai. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves and garlic. When they turn brown add fish mixture and little water. Cover the pan and cook.
5. Once the prawns are fried well and dry, remove from flame.