1/2 kg fish, without bones
2 tbsp roasted mustard seeds
1 tbsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp roasted cumin seeds
1 tbsp roasted coriander seeds powder
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp Fenugreek powder
3 cinnamon sticks
10 garlic cloves
2 " ginger piece
2 tbsp red chilli powder
Salt ot taste
1 cup Oil
1/2 litre White vinegarInstructions:
1. Clean and Cut the fish into small pieces and drain.
2. Mix with turmeric, a little chilli powder, salt and Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, fry the fish, remove and put aside.
4. Heat oil again and add mustard seeds when it crackles, add chilli powder and mix wth fish with it.
5. Grind all the ingredients adding vinegar
to a fine paste and add it to the fish.
6. Add little salt to taste and bring to boil, remove and cool it.
7. Check the spices and salt and add if required.
8.You can also add 2 or 3 crushed garlic cloves on top.(Optional)
8. When it is cooled down, transfer to dry glass jars and cover with an airtight lid.