Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: Blueberry Streusel Cobbler Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:21 pm|| |
* 1 pint fresh or frozen blueberries
* 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
* 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
* 3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
* 2 cups biscuit baking mix, divided
* 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 2 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
* 1/2 cup chopped nuts
* Blueberry Sauce:
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 pint blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In bowl, combine blueberries, EAGLE BRAND® and zest.
2. In large bowl, cut 3/4 cup butter into 1 1/2 cups biscuit mix until crumbly; add blueberry mixture. Spread in greased 9-inch square baking pan.
3. In small bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup biscuit mix and sugar; cut in remaining 2 tablespoons butter until crumbly. Add nuts. Sprinkle over cobbler.
4. Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes or until golden. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and Blueberry Sauce. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
5. Blueberry Sauce: In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gradually add water. Cook and stir until thickened. Stir in blueberries; cook and stir until hot.