Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: Blueberry Coffee Cake Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:19 pm|| |
* Ingredients for Coffee Cake:
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
* 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
* 1 egg
* 2/3 cup milk
* 3/4 cup SMUCKER'S® Blueberry Preserves
* Ingredients for Topping:
* 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1. Grease and flour 8- or 9-inch square baking pan. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off.
2. In medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and allspice. Add melted butter, egg and milk. Mix vigorously until well blended.
3. Pour half of batter into greased and floured pan; spread SMUCKER'S® preserves evenly over batter. Top with remaining batter.
4. Combine topping ingredients; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over top of coffee cake.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.