Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: Blueberry & Peach Shortcake Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:18 pm|| |
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
* 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
* 1/3 cup lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 (6.5 ounce) package prepared sponge cake layer
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
* Sliced peaches
1. In large bowl, beat cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in EAGLE BRAND® until smooth. Stir in 1/3 cup lemon juice and vanilla. Spread on cake; chill.
2. In small saucepan, mix sugar, cornstarch, water and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Cook and stir until thickened. Add blueberries; cook until bubbly. Chill.
3. Before serving, top cake with peach slices and Blueberry sauce. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.