Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: Banana Bread Pudding Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:09 pm|| |
* 4 cups whole wheat bread cubes
* 3 ripe bananas, mashed
* 3 eggs
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 2 1/2 cups warm water
* 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
* 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup flaked coconut
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
* Butter Rum Sauce
* 1/4 cup butter or margarine
* 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup whipping cream
* 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
number of stars
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place bread cubes in buttered 9-inch square baking pan.
2. In large bowl, beat bananas, eggs and cinnamon; add remaining ingredients except Butter Rum Sauce. Pour evenly over bread, moistening completely. Top with pecans.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Serve warm with Butter Rum Sauce. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
Butter Rum Sauce
In small saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine; add 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup whipping cream. Boil rapidly 8 to 10 minutes; add 1 teaspoon rum flavoring. Serve warm. (Makes about 1 cup)
For a softer, more custard-liked bread pudding, decrease bread cubes to 3 cups.