Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: Baked Cinnamon French Toast Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:08 pm|| |
* 3 eggs, slightly beaten
* 2/3 cup fat-free milk or evaporated fat-free milk
* 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
* 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
* 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
* 8 (1 inch thick) slices French or Italian bread (about 3- to 4-inches in diameter)
* 1 cup Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
* 2 medium bananas, sliced
* 1/2 cup maple syrup, warmed
1. In shallow dish stir together eggs, milk, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Dip bread slices into egg mixture, turning to generously coat both sides. Place on 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 450 degrees F about 11 minutes or until light brown.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together remaining 1 tablespoon sugar and remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
4. Turn bread slices. Sprinkle with Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal. Lightly press cereal into bread. Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over cereal. Bake at 450 degrees F about 5 minutes more or until light brown.
5. Top each slice with banana slices. Serve with syrup.