Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: Almond Fudge Topped Shortbread Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:35 pm|| |
* 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
* 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
* 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
* Sliced almonds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, beat butter, confectioners sugar and salt until fluffy. Add flour; mix well.
2. With floured hands, press evenly into greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
3. In heavy saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate chips with EAGLE BRAND®, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in almond extract. Spread evenly over shortbread.
4. Garnish with almonds; press down firmly. Chill 3 hours or until firm. Cut into bars. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.