Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: Almond Butter Cookies Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:31 pm|| |
* 1 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened*
* 3/4 cup white sugar
* 1 teaspoon almond extract
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup real semisweet chocolate chips
* 2 teaspoons shortening
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine butter, sugar and almond extract in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Reduce speed to low; add all remaining cookie ingredients. Beat until well mixed.
2. Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten balls to 1/4 inch thick with bottom of buttered glass dipped in sugar. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely.
3. Melt chocolate chips and shortening in 1-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth (2 to 4 minutes). Drizzle or pipe top of cooled cookies making tree design, if desired.