Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: Refrigerator Cookies Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:27 pm|| |
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 cup butter or margarine
* 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon fat free milk
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1 cup All-Bran® Original or All-Bran® Bran Buds®
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until thoroughly mixed. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well. Stir in Kellogg's® All-Bran® cereal and flour mixture, mixing until combined.
3. Shape dough into two 10 1/2-inch-long rolls. Wrap in plastic wrap, covering ends carefully. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
4. Slice cookie rolls about 1/4 inch thick and place on ungreased baking sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F about 9 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Chocolate: Stir in 2 squares melted, unsweetened chocolate before adding flour mixture.
Nutty: Add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts with flour mixture.
Spice: Stir 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cloves into flour mixture