Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: POM, Banana and Pistachio Bread Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:07 pm|| |
* 1 cup arils from large POM Wonderful® Pomegranates*
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 cup sugar
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup mashed bananas
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1 egg, lightly beaten
* 1/2 cup shelled pistachios or slivered almonds, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
2. Score fresh pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranates under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. (Refrigerate or freeze any remaining arils for another use.)
3. In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl stir together bananas, oil, milk and egg; stir into flour mixture with arils and the chopped pistachios just until moistened; do not over-mix.
4. Spoon batter into prepared pan. If desired, sprinkle a few whole shelled pistachios and a few additional arils over the batter for garnish.
5. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove loaf from pan and cool on wire rack. Store bread tightly covered; or wrap tightly in foil and freeze for up to 1 month.
* 1-2 large POM Wonderful® Pomegranates will yield approximately 1/2 cup arils.