Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: POM Chocolate Covered Arils Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:06 pm|| |
1. Score fresh pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranates under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. (Refrigerate or freeze any remaining arils for another use.)
2. Line a shallow 11 x 16 x 1/2-inch baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Over medium low heat, melt chocolate in a saucepan set over a pan of simmering water. When chocolate is sufficiently melted, transfer to a work bowl. Keep the bowl in a pan of warm water for convenience.
4. Allow chocolate to cool to the touch (but should still be runny). Add the arils and stir to combine. Use a fork to scoop out clusters of chocolate and arils; drop clusters onto the prepared baking sheet. (Work quickly as chocolate will harden.)
5. Place baking sheet with clusters in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until confections harden. Serve these on your favorite platter and enjoy.
* 1-2 large POM Wonderful® Pomegranates will yield approximately 1/2 cup arils.