Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: POM-Glazed Baked Squash and Apples Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:06 pm|| |
1. Prepare garnish - Score fresh pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. (Refrigerate or freeze any remaining arils for another use.)
2. Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Peel butternut squash and cut into 2-inch chunks. Arrange in a buttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Cut apples into quarters or slices (peeled or skin on); add to baking dish.
5. Mix together light brown sugar and pomegranate juice. Spread on squash and apples. Drizzle with butter.
6. Bake 20 to 30 minutes until soft. Garnish with arils.
* For 1 cup of juice, cut 2-3 large POM Wonderful® Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
** 1-2 large POM Wonderful® Pomegranates will yield approximately 1/2 cup arils.