Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: POM Pumpkin Pie Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:05 pm|| |
* 1/2 cup juice from large POM Wonderful® Pomegranates,* or POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
* 1 (9 inch) prepared pie crust
* 3 large eggs
* 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
* 1/2 teaspoon ginger
* 1 cup heavy cream
* Whipped Cream:
* 1/4 cup arils from large POM Wonderful® Pomegranate**
* 1 cup very cold heavy cream
* 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
* 2 teaspoons vanilla
* 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Pie: Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
3. Beat eggs with a whisk in a medium-sized bowl. Add pumpkin and whisk to combine. Mix in granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Stir in pomegranate juice and heavy cream. Pour into the prepared pie crust.
4. Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 375 degrees F and bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until knife inserted comes out clean.
5. Allow pie to cool about 2 to 3 hours before cutting. Serve with whipped cream and arils if desired.
6. Whipped Cream with Arils: Score fresh pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranates under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. (Refrigerate or freeze any remaining arils for another use.)
7. In a medium sized bowl, beat heavy cream with a wire whisk or electric mixer until slightly thickened. Add powdered sugar, vanilla and cinnamon, and whip until mixture doubles in volume and soft peaks form. Gently fold in the arils. Serve immediately.
* For 1 cup of juice, cut 2-3 large POM Wonderful® Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
** 1-2 large POM Wonderful® Pomegranates will yield approximately 1/2 cup arils.