Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: POM Zucchini, Mushrooms and Onions with Toasted Bread Crumb Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:03 pm|| |
* 2 tablespoons juice from large POM Wonderful« Pomegranate,* or POM Wonderful« 100% Pomegranate Juice
* 1/4 cup arils from large POM Wonderful« Pomegranate**
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 cup onion slices
* 2 cups zucchini slices
* 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons sherry or Marsala
* 3 tablespoons fresh bread crumbs
* 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1. Score fresh pomegranates and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranates under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. (Refrigerate or freeze any remaining arils for another use.)
2. Prepare fresh pomegranate juice.*
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onions and cook over high heat until slightly brown and softened. Add zucchini and mushrooms. Stir and cook quickly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove vegetables from the pan; set aside and keep warm.
4. Add sherry or Marsala and pomegranate juice to deglaze pan. Return vegetables to the pan.
5. Toast bread crumbs on a baking sheet at 425 degrees F until brown and mix with cheese.
6. Toss bread crumbs with vegetables and add arils. Serve hot.
* For 1 cup of juice, cut 2-3 large POM Wonderful« Pomegranates in half and juice them with a citrus reamer or juicer. Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth-lined strainer or sieve. Set the juice aside.
** 1-2 large POM Wonderful« Pomegranates will yield approximately 1/2 cup arils.