Number of posts : 196
Age : 30
Location : malaysia
Job/Studies : student and work
Language : English,Tamil,Malay
Registration date : 2007-12-03
|Subject: How to Make Yam Soup Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:24 pm|| |
Rich and smooth, this soup is a refreshingly different starter for a dinner party or holiday meal. Serves six.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Things You'll Need
* 4-quart Saucepans
* Cutting Boards
* Food Processors
* 4 defatted c. chicken or vegetable broth
* 1 tsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger
* 1 medium-sized chopped carrot
* 2 lbs. peeled and cubed yams
* 2 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
* 1-inch piece of ginger root
* 1 medium-sized leek (white part only) cut in half lengthwise, rinsed well and thinly sliced
* 2 tsp. olive oil
Peel and finely chop the 1-inch piece of ginger root.
Heat the oil in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add the leek and carrot, and cook, stirring, about three minutes.
Add the yams, ginger and broth, and bring to a boil.
Cover the saucepan, reduce heat to low, and simmer about 30 minutes, or until the yams are soft.
Put the soup in a food processor and process until smooth.
Put the soup back in the saucepan and add some more broth if it seems too thick.
Season with salt to taste.
Reheat before serving. Grate the remaining 1 tsp. ginger root and stir it in the soup. Garnish with cilantro.
Tips & Warnings
* You can use a blender instead of a food processor.